Founded in 1946, Seoul National University is a national research university of Korea. Being South Korea’s first national university, it is still one of the largest educational institutions in the country with more than 300,000 alumni.
- Ensure the security of students’ sensitive personal data
- Implement privileged access management
- Continuously monitor user activity within critical systems
- Mitigate data security risks by responding to suspicious activity
The University needed to process (collect, use, store, and ultimately destroy) personal information about students to be able to record their application to the University, their progress through the course, classify final award(s), and maintain contact as alumni of the University.
Some of the personal data the University processes is defined as “sensitive personal data” under the DPA. This information must be treated even more carefully in terms of whether, and why, it needs to be collected and who can have access to it, than the rest of the data processed by the University. So, it was the task of building privacy continuous monitoring system and finding proper security system was a part of it.
Deploying Ekran System helped the customer achieve the following results:
- Automated and convenient management of access rights for users
- Obtain a full and clear picture of each user’s actions with private data
- Audit the activity of users on the servers
- Review all user activity in real time and in recordings
- Detection and response to harmful activity in real time
- Thanks to client protected mode, users aren’t able to edit Client data and settings in the registry
- Use keyword-indexed videos for incident investigation