VakifBank is a government-run bank headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey. It provides core banking products and services, capital markets operations, and investment banking. VakifBank is one of the five biggest banks in Turkey and ranks second by asset size.
The bank funds domestic trade through a large network of branches. Foreign branches are located in the USA, Bahrain, Iraq, and Qatar. VakifBank has almost 17,000 employees and more than 3,000 subcontractors.
- Manage privileged users on terminal servers
- Monitor activity of administrators and subcontractors
- Record numerous user sessions and store them for a long time
- Report on security events during security and compliance audits
- Supervise an unlimited number of users within the customer’s cybersecurity budget
To ensure the security of financial data, any bank has to simultaneously supervise the activity of administrators and subcontractors on terminal servers. This task was particularly challenging for VakifBank. As an international corporation, they needed a way to manage an unlimited number of privileged users.
In particular, VakifBank had to manage all privileged users to control their access to terminal servers. They also needed to constantly have a clear picture of all employees’ manipulations of sensitive data.
Moreover, the bank is required to store detailed user session recordings for a long period of time to be able to analyze them as needed or during security and compliance audits.
VakifBank has to comply with Turkish and international IT cybersecurity requirements in the banking sphere, as it works with sensitive financial and personal information.
Before contacting us, VakifBank had used other user activity monitoring solutions, but they didn’t fit the bank’s budget. They were looking for an alternative and chose Ekran System as the software with the best ratio of technical capabilities and price.
Using Ekran System’s multiple capabilities, VakifBank enhanced its cybersecurity on terminal servers and achieved:
- Centralized and quick configuration of access permissions
- An automated and convenient way to manage user access rights and privileges
- Fast response to any security incident
- Visibility into who does what with sensitive data
- Ability to review all user activity in real time and in recordings
- Ability to store a large number of session recordings for a long time
- Ability to generate advanced reports
- Immutable evidence for incident investigations
- Needs met within the customer’s budget
- Flexible management of as many users as needed
Additionally, thanks to Ekran System’s rich functionality, the customer ensured compliance with cybersecurity standards, laws, and regulations.