Employee Keylogging Solution
Any recorded user activity data would be incomplete without keystroke logging. Whether it’s a malicious users conversing with their accomplices via instant messaging, system administrator writing a malicious script, or simply employee spending time on personal matters while at workplace, – keylogger coupled with user action monitoring allows to investigate all of those incidents and respond to them accordingly.
As a result, Ekran System includes robust keystroke logger feature, deeply integrated with its main monitoring functionality.
How does a keylogger work in Ekran System?
When keyboard recorder functionality is enabled for Windows PC and server, Ekran System, in addition to regular video and meta-data will capture any entered keystrokes, regardless of the used application.
Recorded keystrokes are sorted and assigned to each individual frame of the video, making it easy to see when they were entered and what application was used. System continuously monitors keystrokes, meaning that particular keyword can be used to initiate recording or trigger an alert, providing a great way to limit the scope of gathered data and an ability to react to incidents in a timely fashion.
Ekran System also continuously monitors copy, cut and paste operations for any Windows computer and can record content of the clipboard, making it easy to track text data that was not entered directly via keyboard.
Data recorded from the clipboard is coupled with the relevant video frames, making it clear what was copied and where, and allows easy search for relevant events. It can also serve as a trigger for alerts on potential incidents.
- Universal keystroke logging capability – all keystrokes and clipboard content for both local and remote sessions is recorded, including keystrokes entered in any browser, text processor, or any other program.
- Smart logging of edits – any edits to text are automatically detected and the final version of the text is displayed in the main window. You can additionally view actual entered keystrokes.
- Easy to search and analyze – keystroke data is easily searchable, and when coupled with video recording gives a clear picture of user actions in their proper context.
- Use keywords to initialize recordings – a specific keyword, entered by the user can be set as a trigger to start recording video, as well as keystrokes and other meta-data.
- Create alerts on specific keywords – a specific keyword, entered by the user can be set as a trigger for an alert, notifying your security personnel about potential suspicious events.
- Keystroke grid report – centralized report can be generated to review all keystrokes entered by specific users on specific endpoints during a specific set of time.
- As an assessment tool – more than employee keylogging software, Ekran System can aid you in assessing employee performance and help to learn whether they are spending time productively or engaged in personal matters.
- As a prevention tool – knowledge that their keystrokes are recorded can prevent employees from spending their working hours on personal matters, or conducting malicious actions.
- As a detection tool – keystroke logging is another part in the set of tools provided by Ekran System, that allow to detect malicious and inadvertent insiders and protect your data from insider threats.
- As an investigative tool – keystroke log will prove a valuable source of information when investigating past incidents, providing details on communication and other actions, conducted by perpetrator.
Simple employee activity key logger provides you only with recorded keystrokes without any way to review them within their original context.
Ekran System keystroke recording solution, on the other hand, is an integral part of our user action monitoring solution, providing additional meta-data to illustrate recorded video, as well as an additional means to search for and alert on suspicious events.
The main benefits of Ekran System include:
- Rich feature set – Ekran System provides broad functionality, including access control, user action monitoring, alerting, incident response and centralized reporting.
- Easy deployment - How to add keylogger to employee computers? As an agent-based solution, Ekran System provides easy deployment, as well as automatic agent updates.
- Affordable price – Ekran System provides a flexible licensing scheme with two licenses, designed to make deployment affordable for both large Enterprises and small companies.
- Legal easy action monitoring – Ekran System does not provide hidden keylogger, or any way to hide a monitoring process. We offer completely legal security software, focusing on insider threats detection and user action monitoring.
Check out our free trial and online demo below in order to see for yourself, how effective Ekran System can be.