Employee Keylogger Software
Any recorded user activity data would be incomplete without keystroke logs. Whether it’s a malicious user conversing with their accomplices via instant messaging, a system administrator writing a malicious script, or simply an employee spending time on personal matters while at work, keylogger coupled with user activity monitoring allows you to investigate all of these incidents and respond to them accordingly.
Ekran System® includes a robust keystroke logger feature that’s deeply integrated with its main monitoring functionality.
How does the keylogger for Windows work in Ekran System?
When keyboard recorder functionality is enabled for Windows PCs and servers, Ekran System, in addition to capturing video and metadata, will capture keystrokes, regardless of the application used.
Recorded keystrokes are sorted and assigned to each individual frame of the video, making it easy to see when they were entered and what application was used. Ekran System continuously monitors keystrokes, meaning that a particular keyword can be used to initiate recording or to trigger an alert, providing a great way to limit the scope of data you gather and let you react to incidents in a timely fashion.
The Ekran System keylogger software also continuously monitors copy, cut, and paste operations for any Windows computer and can record clipboard content, making it easy to track text data that isn’t entered directly via the keyboard.
Data recorded from the clipboard is coupled with the relevant video frames, making it clear what was copied and where and allowing you to easily search for relevant events. Clipboard content can also serve as a trigger for alerts on potential incidents.
- Universal keystroke logging capability – All keystrokes and clipboard content for both local and remote sessions are recorded, including keystrokes entered in any browser, text processor, or any other program.
- GDPR-compliant keylogging – Switched on by default, this option ensures that Ekran System clients, while tracking keystrokes, don’t show them to security administrators in open form. All key logs are hidden but still searchable.
- Password hiding during monitoring – When this option is switched on, all recorded keystrokes except passwords are provided to security administrators in open form, preventing this sensitive data from appearing in key logs.
- Smart logging of edits – Any edits to text are automatically detected and the final version of the text is displayed in the main window. You can also view every individual keystroke.
- Easy to search and analyze – Keystroke logger data is easily searchable, and when coupled with video recordings gives a clear picture of user actions in their proper context.
- Use keywords to initialize recordings – A specific keyword entered by the user can trigger video recording as well as recording of keystrokes and other metadata.
- Create alerts on specific keywords – A specific keyword entered by the user can trigger an alert, notifying your security personnel about potentially suspicious events and optionally applying some incident response action, such as blocking the user or showing a warning message.
- Keystroke grid report – A centralized report can be generated to review all keystrokes entered by specific users on specific endpoints during a specific time frame.
- As an assessment tool – Ekran System is not just employee keylogging software, it can aid you in assessing employee performance and help you learn whether employees are spending time productively or are engaged in personal matters.
- As a preventive measure – Knowing that their keystrokes are recorded can prevent employees from spending work hours on personal matters and from conducting malicious actions.
- As a detection tool – Keystroke logging is another part of the toolset provided by Ekran System that allows you to detect malicious and inadvertent insiders and protect your data from insider threats.
- As an investigative tool – A keystroke log will prove a valuable source of information when investigating past incidents, providing details on communications and other actions conducted by a perpetrator.
A simple employee activity keylogger provides only recorded keystrokes without any way to view them within their original context.
Ekran System keystroke recording software, on the other hand, is an integral part of our user activity monitoring solution. It provides additional metadata to illustrate recorded video as well as an additional means of searching for and alerting on suspicious events.
The main benefits of the Ekran System corporate keylogger include:
- Rich feature set – Ekran System provides broad functionality, including access control, user activity monitoring, alerting, incident response, and centralized reporting.
- Easy deployment – How to add employee keylogger to computers? As an agent-based solution, Ekran System provides easy deployment and automatic agent updates.
- Affordable licensing – Ekran System provides a flexible licensing scheme with two types of licenses, designed to make deployments affordable for both large enterprises and small companies.
- Legal and easy action monitoring – Ekran System does not provide a hidden keylogger or any way to hide the monitoring process. We offer completely legal security software, focusing on insider threat detection and user activity monitoring.
Check out our free trial and online demo below in order to see for yourself how effective Ekran System can be.